About these ads

What matters in the world of popular music.

PJ MEDIA: Tupac To The Future

Tupac To The Future

When does technology go too far?

I’m no Luddite, but there are some aspects of technology which give me pause. I wrote this morning on PJ Media’s Lifestyle page of Tupac’s Coachella resurrection via hologram, and the potential future implications of such technology. I’m posting the link here so my “Hear! Hear!” readers can join the conversation. What do you think? Should posthumous record releases be enough, or would you pay to see Tupac live … or any band for that matter? Would it be even remotely fulfilling to see the Hologram Beatles onstage for one night only? Or would it be simply soul killing?

About these ads

6 responses

1. SOUL KILLING!!!

Can’t people just listen to an album and enjoy the nostalgia??

April 17, 2012 at 2:30 PM

• I did think it was amusing, considering that intern from the Olympics who sent an invite for Keith Moon to play the London Games … maybe Hologram Keith might show up ;) I agree though, I wouldn’t pay to see that kind of thing …

April 17, 2012 at 3:43 PM

• The Keith Moon thing was really funny. So ridiculous when you think about it! I think it’s a step too far, personally. Sometimes you just need to accept that you can’t experience these things… As Turnjacson said, listen for nostalgia/appreciation of the music.

May 31, 2012 at 1:31 PM

2. Now this has happened it makes me wonder, will start to happen to other artists/bands. For instance the beatles, could they make a hologram of them and take that on tour? If they did, I think id go

April 18, 2012 at 4:43 PM

• I don’t know … I don’t think Hologram Lennon would be the same. It’d be a bit too morbid for me. I’ll take the CDs any day ;)

April 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM

• I don’t know, if they could create banter with the crowd (don’t as how) I think it would be quite good. However I’m going to be biased towards the beatles :)

April 19, 2012 at 4:40 AM

Join the "Hear! Hear!" conversation!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s